The world changes during Ramadan. Community spirit, people coming together, a livelier and harmonious ambience comes to life.
The holy month sees individuals, families and corporations giving back to the community in the spirit of Ramadan. Various charities and volunteer institutions offer the opportunity for generosity throughout the month. People get the chance to give back by offering meals and donating clothing to those in need, a common charitable theme through the holy month.
We’ve rounded up some of the initiatives that one can contribute to during the month:
- 10 Million Meals: Through your Etisalat or du accounts, you can contribute to the nation’s largest food distribution campaign, catering to low-income families and individuals affected by Covid-19. This campaign was launched under the directives of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, his wife Her Highness Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, Chairperson of the Board of Trustees of UAE Food Bank. https://www.10millionmeals.ae/
- INKED: Creative food collective Inked ask people and organisations to help them by purchasing meals for front-line staff, as well as those who find themselves in need. They deliver meals to medics and people in need through Dubai food bank as well as with the Dubai Health Authority. So far nearly 2,500 meals have been delivered and the aim to the send out 300 every day.
Each full meal costs AED 25 to make and deliver and individual meals of up to 100 can be purchased online at www.inked.ae. Contact INKED on email@example.com or 050 8451359 to arrange larger donations.
View this post on Instagram
- Dar Al Ber Society: In light of the new law against large gatherings, charitable organisations will be hand delivering meals in Ras Al Khaimah, Ajman and Dubai at labour organisations. https://daralber.ae/en/home
- Kerala Muslim Cultural Centre: Located in Abu Dhabi, this organization will be collecting and donating groceries to families in need and those affected by the pandemic
- Red Crescent Authority Charity: RCA aims to help more than one million people through its charitable initiatives this Ramadan. https://www.rcuae.ae/en/donate.aspx
View this post on Instagram
- TCF: The Citizens Foundation Pakistan provides relief to families facing extreme economic hardship in Pakistan. They support frontline healthcare professionals and volunteers with the equipment, testing kits and protective gear they urgently need. They will ensure continuity of the learning process for millions of children who are currently forced to stay out of school. https://www.tcf.org.pk/donation-information/
You can also visit Emirates Charity Portal that lists all charitable societies and associations approved by the Islamic Affairs & Charitable Activities Department in the UAE and donate directly to them on https://www.ecp.ae/English/Pages/CharityCatalogCharitySelect.aspx
Join our WhatsApp group and receive curated news and offers in your WhatsApp Feed