Position: Gallery Director, Dubai
Company: Contemporary Art Gallery with branches in London, Dubai, Amman, Abu Dhabi and Beverly Hills
Salary: Highly competitive and excellent benefits.
We are seeking a highly experienced Gallery Director. The successful applicant will work with existing gallery artists and identify and attract additional artists to an exciting program that includes sales, exhibitions, publications, artist residencies and opportunities for commissions.
Working with the Vice President, the Director will
– create, initiate, and fulfill long-term sales and programming strategies;
– conduct sales of primary and secondary market works of art, focusing on emerging and mid-career contemporary artists;
– manage and oversee all aspects of the gallery’s administration, including staff, vendor relations and exhibition schedules;
– create exhibitions and oversee installation; develop art fair schedules and programming and represent the gallery at fairs; create and track budgets;
– liaise with other gallery locations and administration as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have
– at least 5 – 7 years’ experience as a gallery director with a major contemporary art gallery
– excellent organizational, administrative, interpersonal, and communications skills.
– A significant contact list and client base, strong knowledge of contemporary art and the international art market are essential.
– BA in art history and knowledge of Mac platform and databases are required.
– High energy, determination and a collaborative and positive attitude are key organizational values.
To Apply: Please mention Dubai Confidential as reference while sending resume with detailed cover letter and at least three references to email@example.com
Join our WhatsApp group and receive curated news and offers in your WhatsApp Feed