Feeling a tickle in your throat? This recipe from grandma will have you sorted in no time.
Serves the whole family up to 2 to 3 months
What you will need:
a clean and sterile jar
fresh minced ginger (1 to 2 tbsp)
1. Slice the ginger and lemons in quarters, being sure to remove the seeds from the lemon.
2. Place the slices of lemon into a clean and sterile jar, alternating ginger between each layer.
3. Slowly pour over the honey, filling to the top.
4. Close the container and put it in the fridge. A frost will form.
5. To serve, place a spoonful or two of the jelly into a cup and pour boiling water over it.
6. Allow to seep for 3 to 4 minutes and then sip away.
Quantities of ginger, honey and lemon are dependent on taste and the size of your jar.
If you want something stronger than check out Johar Joshanda, a natural herbal tea, that is a trusted way to cure the common cough and cold. For more details click here.
Join our WhatsApp group and receive curated news and offers in your WhatsApp Feed